Rudy's Italian Meatballs
1: Start with one pkg. of Rudy's Meatball Seasoning and 2-1/2 pounds of ground pork.
2: In a mixing bowl, combine seasoning a little at a time with ground meat, mix by hand until all the seasoning is used up. .
3. Add 2 large eggs, one cup of Italian bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese to the ground meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
4. Form meatballs into approx. 1oz. balls and evenly space on a baking sheet. Bake meatballs at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until well done. Cooking time may vary depending on meatball size. Yields approx. 40 meatballs.
5.Serve with pasta and sauce made with Rudy's Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning or simmer with marinara sauce in your crockpot for an appetizer.
1. Start by making Rudy's spaghetti sauce with meat or marinara according to the package
directions on the back of Rudy's Original Sauce Pack. Let your sauce cool down for about one to two hours on the cooktop before making or move to the fridge overnight to finish cooling so you will have cold sauce the next day. You don't want to make the lasagna with hot sauce, warm to cool or even cold sauce works best.
2. Cook you favorite lasagna noodles al dente, I prefer ribbed vs flat noodles and when the noodles are cooked move your pot to the sink and rinse with cold water until they are cool enough to work with. Strain off the water and layout the noodles on a flat sheet pan lined with wax paper or plastic wrap and set aside. Be carful not to tear them and stager for easier separation later when you build your lasagna.
3. Now take your cold sauce and cover the bottom of your lasagna pan with a thin layer of sauce. Begin laying your noodles in the pan so you cover the entire bottom, don't overlap the noodles they should be just touching edge to edge. You may have to trim them to fit the pan. Next spread another layer of sauce on top of the noodles and then cover with shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat with noodles, sauce and cheese until you have filled your pan with at least 3 to 4 layers, more if you have a deeper pan. Leave enough room for a little extra cheese on the top layer and sprinkle the top with shredded parmesan cheese.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for approximately 45 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to brown slightly. Remove and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting into squares. Re-heat some sauce and top lasagna with a little hot sauce and more parmesan cheese. Serve with Italian bread and your favorite salad.